Sunday, December 27, 2009

NBC Wants Jets-Bengals on Jan. 3rd!

After last week’s NY Jets' loss to Atlanta (in which they blew the game in the final minute), everyone in the media reported that the Jets had been eliminated from the playoffs. However, everything broke just right with other teams losing (particularly the Ravens) in the AFC. Just before their game against Indianapolis, the Jets learned that they were not only still alive, but controlled their destiny with wins over the Colts and Bengals. When they pulled Manning, the Jets went to work on the Colts. Even with Manning, the Jets always play the Colts tough whenever they meet. Now the Jets by some fluke are the #5 seed in the AFC behind the division leaders for the playoffs. I still don’t know how that happened, but they are playing for a playoff spot next week against the Bengals. Since the Bengals will play mostly scrubs, the Jets chances have just become very good.

It’s also the last scheduled event at Giants Stadium before they bring on the wrecking ball (as Bruce Springsteen sings). I want to sit in my seats one last time. So, I’m watching the Cowboys-Redskins on Sunday Night Football and I see that the Jets game has been moved to Sunday Night because NBC wants to show the game. I’ll probably go, but I’ll set a time to leave. Those games end too late.

Do the Steelers still have a chance to get in? (I’ll bet the Jets have to lose.)

It’s going to be an interesting final week of the season. I had written the Jets off. Hey, they didn’t even send out post-season tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment