Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Welcome!

Hi, world! I’m Tony and I’m writing a blog called Showbiz Biz. Why Showbiz Biz and why does the world need yet another entertainment blog? Well, the emphasis here is on BIZ. Specifically the businesses behind the things that I’m most passionate about: film, television, music, sports, theatre, publishing and just about anything else that supplements everyday real life. You won’t find breaking celebrity gossip news here, although they will be mentioned. You won’t find breaking corporate media news here, either. That is the domain of the queen of entertainment bloggers, Nikki Finke of Deadline Hollywood Daily (http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/), who knows the inside details of the entertainment business better than anyone on earth. This blog intends to summarize entertainment, sports and media business stories of interest to the blogger (that’s me).

And just who am I? I’m someone who has worked behind the scenes in film and television. You know, a number cruncher, a bean counter, a suit, a financial analyst, a royalty accountant, a participations manager, one of the little people who can see the big picture. I’ve seen the underside of the entertainment world. I’ve see some great accomplishments, too. I’ve seen the triumphs of the industry and the often mundane unpublicized details that drive this business. That gives me a unique perspective. Through it all, I’ve never lost interest in “the business”. In fact, my passion for the entertainment business has continued to grow. I hope to share some of my passion and enthusiasm for the entertainment business with you.

I intend to report and reference my sources, but I’ll also offer commentary. I’ll talk some sports, too. It’s all entertainment. Above all, let’s have some fun. I know this is a serious business, but I don’t want to get too serious here. I can be down right silly at times! It’s a crazy business, too. Let’s keep it light and have fun observing show biz in all of its many incarnations!

No comments:

Post a Comment