Saturday, February 13, 2010

NBC Olympics Day 1: Some Sports With Your Commercials?

OK, I know the economics of the situation. However, do any of you folks find the NBC coverage on Day 1 just a bit annoying? Every time I switch between NBC, CNBC or Universal Sports (Sat. afternoon coverage), I tune in on a commercial, a promo or a fluff piece. NBC is squeezing some speed skating in with the commercials on the big network. I still have not caught one minute of women's hockey on CNBC. Every time I switch...commercials. Perhaps it's just my remote. Maybe it's cursed. I'm surprised I haven't seen the GEICO gecko speed skating. The moment the movement stops in the competition...commercials. The second a race ends...commercials. BTW, do Olympic athletes really eat McDonald's? Do they slosh down Coke? I guess with endorsement money they do. Health food authors take note: more burgers...more fries...more soft drinks!!! But really, the fluff and commercials are killing the broadcasts. Perhaps better commercial placement might help. There has got to be a better way.

No comments:

Post a Comment